Monday, June 2, 2008

Welcome To Mid Evenings With Jay Miller


So most of you know me through some sort of creative output that I've been a part of.  Either my radio show, my band Monty Love, my stand up comedy or my hosting of various Open Mics.  I've been on stage for a long time.  

I've never felt comfortable as a singer.  I was never a good comedian because I hated telling the same jokes.  I never fully enjoyed open mic because I hated sitting though bad performances.  But the one thing I did enjoy was talking with people.  Learning about people apart from the usual "what do you do? what kind of music do you like? how's things?"  We all ask these same boring questions.  

I want to know more interesting things about people.  I want to know funny stories.  We all want to hear embarrassing details.  We all want to learn real stuff about people.  Normal people with interesting anecdotes.  Interesting people with normal stories.  

Combine this with me being able to be on stage and talk about things I shouldn't talk about.  It's strange how I'm an incredibly private person, yet when I get on stage I share brutally personal details.  

Combine this with a fantastic cast of incredibly talented people like Lou Russo, Casey Jost, Scott Magri and many others and we have the makings of something very special.  

Our first show is only 24 days away.  It seems so soon because it is.  We have so much work to do.  Films to make, guests to book, jokes to write etc.  

The more I realize this is really happening the more nervous I get.

I'll post again with more info like when and where the show is.

We already have a few guests booked but I would love to hear who you think we should book.  Please give us ideas.

=jay




No comments: